Thursday, April 4, 2013

retazos

i have always loved to do patchworks.  however utilitarian patchworks may look and seem, making them is one of the best ways i express my creativity, my love for the environment and my fascination with old and vintage fabrics.
in this exhibit, i explore a new concept of making patchworks with my paints and later on translate them into real fabric ones.
this exhibit also celebrates my passions and my life as i mark a milestone by turning 50 this month, and realize that life is but a patchwork of memories.
life is good and gold!  bwahahaha!  

2 comments:

  1. Patchwork, recycling, art, environment, nature, trees, and that wonderful gift of gab you have. My, Bidibidi!(love this nickname of yours, may I call you this?), you sure are one blessed soul!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, please call me that! And yes, i know how blessed i truly am. And in return, i feel priviledged to be able to share all these gifts. I find meaning in that. And life is good! Bwahahaha!

      Delete